How To Make Great Videos For Free For Your Online Courses
Video Sells! Without Videos, There is No Online Course. We Can Make Videos For Free!
Video Sells! Make Great Videos Free for your Online Course
The Basic feature of Online Courses is VIDEO.
What do you do when you need to learn something new? What if you need to know how to fix something? Or what if you need to learn how to use a new software or service? You probably look for a video. You too can make videos for free.
According to a Pew research study, 87% of users said that YouTube is important for helping them figure out how to do things they haven’t done before.
If you’re looking to level-up your video skills and knowledge, you’ll love this guide “Make videos for free for your online course.
Research shows that when people look for answers to their questions, they prefer to consult a video. In fact:
- 4x as many people prefer to watch a video about a product rather than read about it when making a purchasing decision.
- Two out of three employees complete tasks better when instructions are provided visually, and they absorb information 7% faster.
- 7 out of 10 millennials are likely to watch a company video when shopping online
- Learning and educational content are viewed over a billion times a day on YouTube.
- Online video course sites like Udemy, Lynda.com, and Skillshare are growing to tens of millions of students.
More advantages of Video in Online Courses (from Online Course Coach):
1. People learn more by seeing & hearing
Studies show (see stats below) that students learn more by seeing and hearing the educational content. This works in your advantage if you are creating videos…especially if you are in the videos. Your students can see your emotions and intentions, which builds trust and helps the learning process be more engaging. We can make engaging videos for free.
2. Video is versatile
There are many things you can do with video content. While it is the best way to teach, you can also take the audio out and make it available for your students to download and listen on the go. They may listen in the car, while working out or anywhere else of their choosing. Additionally, you can make a transcription of the content for people to read. This helps people follow along during your presentation and it can even help your SEO (if the course is freely available online and not behind a paywall). We can make engaging videos for free.
3. People would rather watch something than just read it
Studies show how video is better than text only (see stats below) and is more effective for helping people remember the content. You owe it to your students to have quality video content, so they can retain the information. We can make quality videos for free.
4. Video gives more perceived value
Let’s face it, video is harder to create than writing copy, making images or recording audio. But it also has a more perceived value to it. Just see some of the benefits and value that having video in your courses, on your sales pages, and on your website can bring.
- The amount of time online users spend watching online video has grown 38.5% in the past 2 years. – Nielsen
- Websites with video content enjoy 88% more time spent on pages by visitors. – Buffer
- Product videos increase the likelihood of purchases by 85%. – Buffer
- Overall, employees are 75 percent more likely to watch a video than to read documents, emails or web articles — Forrester Research
- Corporations save between 50% and 70% when they replace instructor-based training with eLearning — IOMA
- Microsoft used video to cut classroom training costs by $303 per person, from $320 to just $17 — Microsoft
- Microsoft calculates that over 3 years, its video portal for employee training and knowledge sharing resulted in total costs saved and avoided of about $13.9 million per year. The ROI for the period was estimated at 569% — Microsoft
- Caterpillar found that e-learning yielded a cost reduction of between 40 and 78 percent, based on the size of the audience — Caterpillar
- Presentations that include visuals like video along with text are 9 percent more effective than text alone when comprehension is tested right away — but are 83 percent more effective when the test is delayed, implying an improved ability to help learners remember the information better later — Rusted and Coltheart
5. It builds trust, especially if you’re on camera
Since your students can see you, they will get to know, like and trust you. This will help them engage with you and learn more effectively from you. The students can connect with you and tell when you’re telling a joke versus a serious story. You owe it to your students to be on camera, even though most people don’t like the idea of being on camera.
Unfortunately, it can be a challenge for many small businesses, educators, and entrepreneurs to find the time to create video content.
That’s why we’re here to help!
The following are free software to get you started in making free videos for your online courses.
1. Make Video With Camtasia
You can use videos in a variety of ways in online courses. They can play a valuable role in helping your students achieve your learning goals while also accomplishing important secondary goals, such as enhancing motivation, building community, and establishing presence. Even if you aren’t an experienced speaker or tech pro, the wide availability of technology allows you to easily dive into video creation, and your unique voice and perspective will help your course stand apart among other online content. Start by making videos for free.
3. Make Video From PowerPoint Presentation
Make videos for free with PowerPoint.
How To Upload Your Video To YouTube
Upload videos for free with YouTube.
Your video will be embedded automatically.